Information I Collect
When you visit the Site, I automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, I collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
How I Collect Device Information
You may choose to block or restrict cookies by changing your browser settings. However, please be advised that restricting, blocking, or deleting cookies may limit your usability of the Site. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
I may also collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Personal Information I Collect
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, and email address. A phone number may also be required in order to ship your order through certain delivery services. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information as needed, such as for a custom order. I refer to this information as “Order Information.”
You may also choose to provide me with certain personal information (such as your name and email address) if you contact me directly or through a contact form on the Site (to make an inquiry about the products and services, for example).
I may also collect certain personal information from you (such as your name, email address, and business name if applicable) if you give affirmative consent to join my mailing list.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• for security purposes (such as to screen orders for potential risk or fraud)
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests such as providing and improving my services
Why I Collect Device Information and How I Use It
I use the Device Information that I collect to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Shopify. The Site’s online store is powered through Shopify. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services for Absolutely EVO, such as delivery companies, analytics, and accounting and tax services. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
I do not intend to collect personal information of minors. Children under the age of 13 should not use the Site without supervision of a parent/guardian.
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Erica Birk, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may contact me via mail at:
PO Box 9711
Asheville, NC 28815